• Hi. Welcome to MiFirm Community. Please register and become part of our community.

Can't Activate SMS Sync & Call History Sync

robertjulia

Hi all,

I apologise in advance for the length, but was wondering if anyone had encountered this issue, and what they did to resolve it, if so.

The above errors come from the Xiaomi SIM Activation Service.

I'm running MIUI 12.5 Enhanced (CN ROM), 12.5.12.

A few days ago (from September 10th on), I started noticing errors with message and call history sync. Message sync would say "failed to get SIM info", while call history sync would simply say it was interrupted, and to try again. Of course, trying again for both never did anything.

Prior to this, I never had any issues with syncing call history or messages to the cloud.

Troubleshooting

• I've tried wiping the phone, rebooting, and trying with different SIMs, including logging out and back into my Mi Account.

• My providers have confirmed no issues sending the SMS's from their end, I have enough credit, and no "send/receive international SMS block" in place.

• Some solutions on the Internet say to enable data roaming and reboot, which didn't work. They also speak of allowing all permissions for the SIM Activation Service - (unless I am missing something), there are no permissions to allow, they simply don't appear when I look at the Service in "Apps", under Settings.

Outcome

Effectively, this means I can't sync my messages and call history to the cloud - this is also replicated across multiple MIUI smartphones that I use as testbeds, and a bug report has been submitted to Xiaomi.

All other sync services work fine.

The only thing I can do now, is periodically backup messages and call history to external storage.

Anyone have any ideas I can try, please?

Last edited:

Arhamx87

Visit the website for the ultimate battle royal experience. Download the game free fire advance server, explore immersive gameplay, and join millions worldwide in intense, fast-paced action. Survive, be the last one standing, and embrace the excitement of Free Fire!